Discover the PCG Difference!
PCG Clinical Services looks back at 2016
This has been another successful and exciting year at PCG Clinical Services. We are delighted to have built a number of new partnerships across Scandinavia and beyond, which has supported considerable growth of the company during the year. With over 100 ongoing studies to date, we are looking forward to continue our effort in delivering excellence.
- A key highlight for us this year was the delivery of a large global Phase II study for an international pharma company. The study was performed in an intensive care setting in extremely vulnerable patients. The study performed was a great example of how PCG can deliver on time, in budget and with the highest of quality expected.
- Our continuous efforts in quality have started to pay off. We are very proud to communicate that our customer audits have had a major improvement since last year. Evidence shows that major findings in customer audits have been reduced by 90% from 2015.
- During the spring we announced the appointment of three new staff to our business development team, as part of our continued focus on our home Nordic market and also to support our extension into international biotech and pharmaceutical markets.
- We are opening opening an office in Medicon Valley in January 2017. As of next year we plan to have a stronger presence and greater support in southern Sweden.
- We have expanded our KOL partners to give us access to specialist medical input and advice.
- We are also making investments in our Medical Device service offering and have begun close collaboration with dedicated partners to offer our sponsors specialist advice.
We’ve enjoyed meeting many new and existing partners at a few major industry events across Europe and the US over the past few months. A few highlights have included BIO-Europe Spring, the DIA Annual Meeting in Philadelphia, Entreprenörsveckan in Båstad, Nordic Life Science Days and Pharma Outsourcing in Stockholm, as well as Clinical Operations in Oncology Trials 2016 in Amsterdam. All of these events included a high quality, thought-provoking conference, from discussions about new regulatory requirements and GCP, to debates on how different communities of the life science industry can collaborate in order to help Scandinavia revolutionise digital healthcare. In the late summer we were also a sponsor of Pharma Industry’s Golf Invitational tournament. This highly enjoyable event was a great way to get to know some of the more competitive industry professionals from across Sweden.
We are passionate about clinical trials, and close to our hearts is helping develop medicines to cure, prevent and treat cancer.That’s why during the year, PCG has sponsored the Barncancerfonden (The Childhood Cancer Fund), which supports children with cancer and their families in trying to overcome the disease. This year for example we were a proud sponsor of the Spin of Hope in Uppsala. We sponsored the Ride of Hope Team Uppsala, which took part in the week-long, 1 040 km Ride of Hope cycling event from Prague to Varberg. The Uppsala team raised 1 000 000 SEK for Barncancerfonden and at the end of every year we make a contribution on behalf of the our clients as well. If you too would like to make a contribution, please follow the link here.
In November, we were honoured to deliver another educational course for students at Uppsala University who are studying an advanced class in Clinical Drug Development. Our six-hour course, which was led by our co-founder Sverre Bengtsson, was designed to deepen the students’ understanding of clinical trials processes and the stages of drug development.
There has been considerable interest this year in our Advisory services, through which we provide valuable, early-stage advice and study planning. Our advisors apply their considerable industry expertise in regulatory compliance and biostatistics to help streamline study designs in keeping with current best practice. This ensures that all the necessary and essential data are collected without wasting time and resources on unnecessary study aspects. As a full-service CRO, we deliver clinical studies across phases I-IV, in diverse disease areas. We are delighted that more and more sponsors are trusting us with their studies and this growth continued in 2016.
The Viedoc™ EDC technology has remained a vital tool for all of the studies that we have been involved with. Throughout 2016, there have been regular Viedoc 4 software updates that have ensured continual improvements in functionality while also keeping the features current for changing guidelines and regulatory requirements. You can access the latest Viedoc release notes through our website and receive them straight to your inbox if you sign up to our bimonthly newsletter. (scroll down the page to enroll)
Our achievements this year have been enhanced by our local and global partners. At the end of November we joined our Uppsala collaborators, Antaros Medical and Clinical Trial Consultants, in hosting a VIP Glögg Mingle at the Uppsala Castle to thank our partners and sponsors. This atmospheric evening included brief presentations about the unique benefits of our collaboration and plenty of opportunity for our guests to meet and mingle with leaders from across the clinical development industry.
Our success depends on your satisfaction with our services, from providing the best advice for your needs to submitting the highest quality clinical data. Our CORE company principles of Commitment, Ownership, Responsibility and Excellence lie at the heart of everything we do. These ensure we provide the best service levels and strengthen the lasting and trusting relationships that we value with all of our partners.
We look forward to working with you during 2017 and being integral to making your studies successful.